Canon PIXMA MG2260 Printer Driver Download and Setup
Canon PIXMA MG2260 Software Download, Manual Setup, Wireless Setup and Instructions Installation For Windows Mac, Linux – You can simply say that all of the printers will offer you the additional software; the Canon PIXMA MG2260 is included in one of those printers. However, most of those printers will only give you the basic driver software that you have to use if you want to install the printer in your computer. If you are looking for the better bundle package, then you will need to get this printer from Canon.
You need to know that this printer from Canon is considerably unique. That is because this printer includes some additional software that you can use to install some software related with the functions of this Canon PIXMA MG2260. You can simply say that those software are the addition that you can get as the additional bonus since this printer only offers you the average feature.
Even though this printer offers you the average feature only, you can make sure that this printer will not give you the disappointment. That is because this printer has the additional software that will help you to get the better printing result based on your personal preferences. This way, you can say that actually Canon PIXMA MG2260 can be a nice printer with the help of those software.
Canon PIXMA MG2260 Ink
- PG-240 Pigment Black Cartridge
- CL-241 Dye Color Cartridge
Canon PIXMA MG2260 Specifications:
|Print Speed (up to)||4″ x 6″ Borderless Photo: Approx. 44 seconds
Black:ESAT (Black) Approx. 8.4 ipm
Color:ESAT (Color) Approx. 4.8 ipm
|Number of Nozzles||Color: 1,152 / Black: 640 / Total: 1,792|
|Picoliter Size (color)||2 and 5|
|Print Resolution (Up to)||Color:Up to 4800 x 1200 dpi
Black:Up to 600 x 600 dpi
|Paper Sizes||4″ x 6″, 5″ x 7″, 8″ x 10,” Letter, Legal, U.S. #10 Envelopes|
|Paper Compatibility||Plain: Plain Paper, Canon High Resolution Paper;
Super High Gloss: Photo Paper Pro Platinum;
Glossy: Photo Paper Plus Glossy II, Photo Paper Glossy;
Semi-Gloss: Photo Paper Plus Semi-Gloss, Photo Paper Pro Luster;
Matte: Matte Photo Paper;
Envelope: U.S.# 10 Envelope
|Printer Features||Auto Photo Fix II, Borderless Printing, Calendar Print, Document Printing, Full HD Movie Print5, Fun Filter Effects, My Image Garden, Photo Printing, Quiet Mode|
|Output Tray Capacity||Auto Sheet Feeder: 100 Sheets|
|Copy Speed (up to)||FCOT(Color) Approx. 30 seconds|
|Copy Features||Borderless Copy, Fit-to-Page, Multiple Copy: 1-9, 20 Pages|
|Scanning Element||Contact Image Sensor (CIS)|
|Max. Resolutions||Optical:1200 x 2400 dpi
Interpolated:19,200 x 19,200 dpi
|Scanner Features||Auto Scan Mode, Push Scan|
|Color Depth||48-bit internal/24-bit external|
|Max. Document Size||8.5″ x 11.7″|
|Other Features||7-Segment LED Display, FINE Cartridge Hybrid Ink System, CREATIVE PARK PREMIUM, Dual Color Gamut Processing Technology, Quiet Mode, FastFront, Quick Start|
|Standard Interface||Hi-Speed USB|
|Software Included||Setup Software & User’s Guide CD-ROM
PIXMA MG2260 Printer Driver
My Image Garden
|Dimension (W x D x H)||17.7″W x 12.0″D x 6.0″H|
Canon PIXMA MG2260 OS Compatible:
- Linux x32 x64
- Mac Os X/ Os X x32 x 64
- Windows 10 x32 x 64
- Windows 8.1 x32 x 64
- Windows 7 x32 x 64
- Windows XP x32 x 64
Recommended Driver: Canon PIXMA MG2250 Scanner Driver
How to Setup a Canon Pixma Printer on Windows-based Devices
Before being able to use a Canon Pixma printer on a PC or a laptop, you need to learn a few steps on how to connect the unit to the device. If you do not connect the printer to the computer first, the two will not have any means of communicating with each other. Setup usually begins automatically the moment you plug your printer’s cable to the computer you use. But there will be a point where you might have skipped the setup wizard or where the wizard does not appear for some reasons.
Here are the steps to setup the printer manually.
- Remove the printer from the packaging first and turn it on right away. Place the ink cartridges inside the printer only when you are being asked to by a notification prompted on the screen display. These ink cartridges are normally included within the packaging. If your computer has already been installed with Windows XP, you may proceed right away to step 7.
- The printer screen asks you to print and scan alignment sheet. Follow this instruction and press OK once done.
- Place the setup CD in your computer’s CD-ROM. Do this even though the printer is trying to connect to your computer wirelessly. Drivers for creating wireless networks are included on this CD.
- The CD will prompt instructions for you to follow. Choose the Wi-Fi network signal that you use with the printer. Choose the network signal on both your printer screen display and your computer. When the printer connects to the network, the printer’s Wi-Fi light will go off.
- Print a test page from the computer once setup process is done and the printer asks you to do so.
- Go to “Printers” on your computer. Make sure that the printer you just connected to it is set as default printer. This will help all other software refers to the printer as their primary one. Find a checkmark next to the printer’s name.
- Go to printer setup. Locate a printer connected through a network. This process could go for some minutes. Enable the “printer and file sharing” on the computer to view a printer that is connected through a USB on a network.
- When the computer finds your printer, choose “select this printer”. Make sure that the printer is set as a default printer. Give it a try and print a page.
How to Setup a Canon PIXMA MG2260 Setup For Mac
There are some cases to learn about how to deal with when it comes to setting up a Canon Pixma printer on a Mac.
- The printer has a built-in display on it
If your printer comes with a built-in digital, touchscreen display, you can use the feature to directly enter Wi-Fi name and password. You should refer to the printer’s guide to know how this works.
- The printer uses a WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup)
Refer to the router’s guide to know how this works.
- The router you use is an AirPort Base Station
- Access AirPort Utility. Locate this in the Utilities folder, under the Applications folder.
- Choose your base station in the give list. Enter the password when asked.
- Choose Base Station > Add WP Printer from the menu bar.
- Choose either one of “PIN” or “First Attempt” for the WPS connection type. Click Continue.
If you choose “PIN”, enter the printer’s PIN. Find this PIN on the printer’s manual. Click “Continue”. See if the printer’s MAC address listed in AirPort Utility. Click “Done”.
If you choose “First Attempt”, press the printer’s WPS button. See if the printer’s MAC address listed in AirPort Utility. Click “Done”.
- Quit the program.
- The printer can be connected to a Mac through USB
- Connect the printer to a Mac using a USB cable.
- Install software for Mac. The software comes with the printer. See if the software includes a setup assistant.
- Use the assistant to link your printer with the Wi-Fi network.
- Unplug the USB cable from both Mac and the printer. The printer should still be linked to the network after unplugging.
- The printer can create ad-hoc Wi-Fi network
- Install printer software for Mac that comes with the printer. See if the software includes a setup assistant for the printer.
- Make sure that the ad-hoc Wi-Fi network on the printer is turned on. Refer to the printer’s manual guide on how to do this.
- Access your Mac’s Wi-Fi menu. Click the icon of Wi-Fi in the menu bar. Choose the printer’s ad-hoc Wi-Fi network’s name. Keep in mind that while your device is on the network that the printer uses, your device cannot connect to the Internet or anything else on the regular Wi-Fi network.
- Use the setup assistant of the printer’s to link your printer to the Wi-Fi network. Refer to the printer’s manual guide to find out how to do this. Your printer may restart first before connecting to the network.
- Go back to your Mac’s Wi-Fi menu. Switch to your regular Wi-Fi network.
Canon PIXMA MG2260 Scanner Software and Driver Download
|Canon PIXMA MG2260 series CUPS Printer Driver (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||15 MB||Download|
|Canon PIXMA MG2260 My Printer – (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||5.6 MB||Download|
|Canon PIXMA MG2260 My Image Garden (OS X 10.6)||298 MB||Download|
|Canon PIXMA MG2260 series Scanner Driver (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||25 MB||Download|
|Canon PIXMA MG2260 ICA Driver (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||2.5 MB||Download|
|Canon PIXMA MG2260 My Image Garden – (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||299 MB||Download|
|Canon PIXMA MG2260 series XPS Printer Driver (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64)||25 MB||Download|
|Canon PIXMA MG2260 series ScanGear MP for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)||1.3 MB||Download|
|Canon PIXMA MG2260 ICA Driver (OS X 10.6)||3.7 MB||Download|
|Canon PIXMA MG2260 My Image Garden (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||293 MB||Download|
|Canon PIXMA MG2260 series CUPS Printer Driver (OS X 10.5/10.6)||16 MB||Download|
|Canon PIXMA MG2260 series MP Drivers (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||26 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (OS X 10.5)||289 MB||Download|
|MG2260 series IJ Printer Driver for Linux (debian Packagearchive)||3 MB||Download|
|Windows Adobe RGB 1998 Installer Program (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP/2000/me)||329 KB||Download|
|MG2260 series ScanGear MP for Linux (debian Packagearchive)||1.3 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||58 MB||Download|
|MG2250 series IJ Printer Driver for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)||3.1 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (OS X 10.5)||5.8 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (OS X 10.6)||2.4 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (OS X 10.4/10.5/10.6)||102 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu – (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||2.2 MB||Download|
|IJ Printer Driver for Linux (Source file)||8.5 MB||Download|
|Easy-WebPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||15 MB||Download|
|ScanGear MP for Linux (Source file)||3.9 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||102 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||9.2 MB||Download|